Thursday, May 31, 2012

The best of Greece

My father says the history of Greece, past and present, is the best!

For my mother it was the people and the food!

For me the islands remain unaffected by the economic crisis, even though there are less tourists around, it still is crisp and white and very Greek, in stark contrast with other places that is not on the tourist route!

And o yes the amazing variety of Geraniums!!

Meteora of course is a must!

But to be honest the food in Greece is phenomenal! On the island we ate fresh seafood, mostly anchovies and sardines and prawns of course! On the mainland we ate veal and lamb and chicken! The vegetarian options are completely mind blowing! Everything is fresh and dripping with olive oil, and absolutely delicious! And the sweets of course, soaked with honey!!! And not to forget my dad's milk tart!

I also love the modern fashion, especially the jewellery! Greek woman are big into shoes, and very very much into high heels!


1 comment: