Monday, May 21, 2012

Pootuit

This is the uncensored version! I write whilst they sleep...

To be honest I tried to adjust my rhythm to that of my folks but today it showed that I was moving too fast.

I have realized that they need more time to rest and recover!

In the morning we went to the south side of the Acropolis, it wasn't even a steep climb but the auntie became a "steeks donkie" and refused to walk any further. We left her on a bench under a pine tree and walked up to the amphitheater, when we came back to fetch her, she immediately declared she is not going much further!

I suggested we go to the New Acropolis museum and that I push her in a wheelchair but for that she is far too proud. We walked slowly up the three floors and rested in between.

I took pictures with my iPad and the museum guard made me delete every one of them! No taking of pictures allowed;( pity they did not tell me!

We then took the shortest walk through the botanical gardens to the changing of the guard at parliament, and from there we would find our way home.

Along the way I stopped to buy a Chinese umbrella, I though the heat might have contributed to their exhaustion. When I caught up with mom I found her to be absolutely furious!! My dad was missing. I made her sit with the Chinese umbrella on a marble step and I was looking around trying to find him. He was nowhere to be seen. I then sat down and sent him a message via Viber (free phone calls and smsses) and one on Facebook to say: where are you? meet us at the hotel! No reply! I waited for ten minutes and then decided to go back to the hotel !

Mom was so upset! She can't handle any form of abandonment! I was a bit worried, if he truly went missing what then?

We walked slowly back to the hotel and along the way I bought her, her favourite Amstel, and in the lobby we asked for a bottle opener. The receptionist produced 2 beer glasses, we sat down there and then and non drinking Anni had half of mom's beer!

When we finally got to our room, there dad was, in bed, fast asleep! Mom donnered him with the umbrella!

No comments:

Post a Comment