Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Near divorce

We arrived in good time at the airport for our flight to Skiathos, walked through the customs and decided to go to the bathroom before boarding the plane.

Mom and I waited patiently outside the WC (the bathroom) and he never appeared! I started looking for him, even inside the men's toilet, at the boarding gates etc etc... Running up and down the passage, he is nowhere to be found. Eventually we were called over the intercom for delaying the plane!

By now I am frantic, because he is stone deaf and won't even hear if they call him! I ran back and fetched mom and we started running through the airport to the boarding gate!

Ma sê: Ons los hom net hier, want dit is sy manier! Altyd voor in die koor!

... En daar staan hy lewensgroot aan die ander kant van die boarding gate met sy everlasting smile! how he got through without a boarding pass only he knows because I had it with me!

My ma blaas net daar 'n gasket en raas met hom al die pad tot by die vliegtuig! Ander Afrikaners lag hulle stukkend vir die Tannie se geskel! My pa weet hy slaap vanaand op die mat! Ma sê sy is moeg geploeg van 50 jaar saam met hom! Dis net met die Heer se genade dat sy nog lief is vir die bliksem!



1 comment:

  1. So is dit met ou mense...so snacks in hulle elder habits.
    Lol...so I hope you can understand my Afrikaans???
    Such a funny story. Your Dad must have a very charming smile to have passed the gate security without his boarding pass.
    It seems you get your smile from him. :-)
    Enjoy your cheap holiday. We are on the other end of the scale....over budget and spending 100's of euros a day. Shrek....
    Much love from us.

    ReplyDelete