Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Greece of today - sensitive viewing!!!

This morning at 7 am my dad and I took the streets to the down town market, this was inspired by a discussion he had with a Danish woman about the little lambs. She said she either eats imported lamb from Iceland or New Zeeland or she goes to the market to buy bigger sheep but she refuses to eat the little lammertjies!

So off we went to see for ourselves what the market was all about! We left the tourist area and as you will see from the photographs this is what the city really looks like.

I walked into little side streets and very close to the veggie market I found two marble busts! I bargained with the Egyptian and got them for a steal!! But how to get it back to South Africa! When we come back to Athens on the last day I will take it on the plane as hand luggage! By then my suitcase will be empty of the pharmacy as I would have given it all to the Romany gypsies.

I already told that auntie that half her clothing is going to stay behind on the island of Skiathos as we are not going to schlepp it around the Balkans!

No comments:

Post a Comment