Monday, May 28, 2012

Buying land next to the Olives!

Cristiana called me early in the morning to go up the mountain to Jane Olive's place. Jane from Kalk bay bought her place 18 years ago and comes to Skiathos every summer!

We went up a dirt track to her little farm. On it she has a grove of olives, a small cottage and a caravan that she dresses up for her children and visitors from South Africa!

I just loved it! The wild flowers, the landscape, the olive groves, the pine forests and the magnificent views are to live for. Everything grows like wildfire! The land is rich with life and rewarding too. I could come and live here!! But like mom says I can live anywhere!!

When I got to Villa Ella I told my dad about the little gem in the mountain. Later that afternoon he went up to "The Olives" too.

On his return he announced that he is buying the land next door! He has already told Mrs Olive that he is going to install a solar pump and he is willing to share that with her! Mom is furious! Dad is only 77 years old, she says he has to reincarnate another 16 times for all his "plannetjies!" and unfinished projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment