Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The best about Bulgaria

For mom: die morele en Christelike invloed is nog sterk en jy kan sien dat die mense daarvolgens leef!
Ma sê: dis nie die land van melk en heuning nie, maar van twak en bier!
My mom loved the Bulgarian beer! Here they sell it in 2.5 litre bottles!

For dad: Die woude en die platteland en die reën, die reën, die baie water! Hier wag jy nie vir die reën nie!

Die land is ingestel op kinders, hier ry kinders alleen trein! Orals is parkies vir kinders en pa's loop met hulle kinders rond!

For me: the over the top ornate gilded churches that is open all the time.

The ever friendly people, on a train a little old lady gave me, a bunch of mint for tea! Everybody is helpful, even the train driver!

The spa is definitely an absolute highlight, so very affordable! My dad says its cheaper flying to Bulgaria and booking into a spa than it is going to the Hot Springs near Tshipise in Limpopo!

I loved the traditional clothes, full of embroidery and all the colour red! And the roses, flowers on everything! And how they even put cherries in their flower arrangements.

And one thing I have not mentioned before! The are lions everywhere! On beer bottles and signage, on statues and the money! Yes for the lion!

We also loved the shopsa salad with the grated cheese and cooked peppers.

The landscape, especially the forest and the most beautiful clouds, were inspirational. I loved how they celebrate nature and life. The first time you see a stork in the sky you tie a red string on a blossoming tree!

I also love the idea that every single structure built by the communists are completely abandoned! Yes to their absolute patriotism!

We just loved Bulgaria! I will definitely be back!







No comments:

Post a Comment