Thursday, June 28, 2012

On our way home

We are at the Dubai Airport, on our last leg. We are tired...exhausted to be more correct! It's 47 degrees Celsius outside and absolutely freezing inside the shiny new Airport. Our flight to Jozi is at 4h40 am. The airport comes with recliner chairs! Everybody is sleeping.

I went to the Ocean Basket here at Dubai airport, to buy water, and I spoke to my African brothers. The whole crew came from SA to open this branch 4 months ago! They so miss home, shame, they don't really enjoy the experience! It's so hot here they say, this place cook your brains! They not allowed to drink alcohol and they miss pap big time!

I am looking forward to my life in South Africa. The Greek Tragedy is really depressing. We were sitting outside our hotel in Plaka, at a little shop called Hallelujah., talking to lovely Fotini, and she was adamant that we are such a happy, positive and functional family. I am relieved that she received such good vibes from us! I thought that we were only flying out of Athens at 11am, mom asked, when are we leaving? I checked the ticket and saw that we were leaving at 16h40. There and then we ordered a taxi to the airport!

The taxi driver took a scenic route to the airport, went through a tollgate and pressed a little remote and the gate swung open. We were surprised, dad asked: do you have an e-tag? No, he said, a good friend. Hier bedonner almal vir almal!

You cannot believe the luggage! We weighed in at 94 kgs! That is excluding the marble busts I bought coz dad and I are carrying those as hand luggage. We bought two extra suitcases! The auntie truly improved the Greek economy big time, and I am not far behind.

Well, my parents survived a 6 weeks Odeyssey with me. They are truly amazing to be able to do what they did
at their age. And I met another daughter with her 90 yr old father and mother. We still can travel for a long long time.

Mom has made it clear that she is not leaving her peppermint palace for a long time.

Ma sê: sy het niks hard gewerk om tot hier te kom nie, jy en jou pa was die pakesels! Ek weet nie hoe arme Collin ons môre kom haal nie, hy het 'n trok nodig!


2 comments:

  1. This is the best blog I have ever read, well done & welcome home Anni.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! This really helps people to understand better! Thanks for share this information.
    I am providing this Honeycomb plaka

    ReplyDelete