Thursday, June 7, 2012

Sibiu

Sibiu - once called Hermannstadt, was the European cultural capital in 2007. Picturesque and painted, the cobblestones replaced, is a city dedicated to tourism. For the first time we see the summer crowds.

We meet Pablo and Ruben on the square and hit it off! And some nice Americans that travelled to SA last year. A Paul Newman look alike, blushed when mom acknowledged the resemblance, and his wife said: now that you say that, I can see it for the first time!

Everybody is crazy about my iPad! And I am too! This is one of the best things I have ever bought! Pity I can't load the very funny videos on my blog, I have made of mom etc!!! My blog does not give me the option!

Romania has a neat quality about it! The landscape is pristine, the communist buildings are demolished and the streets are swept till 8 pm.

It is definitely much more expensive than Bulgaria. We sit at a street cafe, the menu is in German, we see a strong German influence everywhere!



1 comment:

  1. Glad you've found a more peaceful space to visit. Interesting about all the Communist buildings having been either abandoned or demolished - that says a lot about the country.

    ReplyDelete